Tuesday 27 March 2012

Review Post: Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Cleanser Set

Hi everyone!

This post is a review of the Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Cleanser Set that I purchased near the start of December, 2011 for $79 (So that's $30 on top of the gift voucher I had). 

shiseido benefiance wrinkle resist24

There are 3 steps involved in this cleanser set:

Step 1 is the cleansing foam (75ml) and this is used to wash your face before you move to Step 2. It "gently removes impurities and excess surface cells which may contribute to signs of aging, without stripping the skin of its essential moisture." Less is literally more because this is all you'll need to wash your entire face with. So just wet your face, lather the cleanser up with a bit of water and massage it on your face. I like to leave it on for about a minute or so to let the product really work with the impurities in my pores before gently washing it off. After that I pat my face dry and wait about another minute to allow my skin to dry a bit more.

shiseido benefiance wrinkle resist24 facial wash

You can see in the picture that I really didn't put a lot (Even this was a little too much!!). So again, Less is More! After using this it leaves your skin feeling rejuvenated and moisturized~

Step 2 is the balancing softener (100ml) which is essentially a toner that you put on a cotton pad and wipe across your face. It helps to "retexturize your skin, making it more receptive to further skincare treatment."

shiseido benefiance wrinkle resist24 toner

I put around 3 or 4 drops onto my cotton pad and gently wipe it across my face. It feels instantly cool and refreshing on my skin. My skin also feels immediately hydrated and awakened (⌒▽⌒)☆.

Step 3 is the day emulsion (30ml) which is the day-time moisturizer that locks in all of the goodness that came from the cleansing foam and balancing softener and protects the skin from harmful UV rays. It also aims to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and keeps your skin feeling moisturized throughout the day.

shiseido benefiance wrinkle resist24 moisturiser moisturizer

The golden rule is 'Less is More' so the amount you see in my hand is all you will need!! That seems pretty ridiculous (well it did to me because the first time I put double this amount) but it is truly enough if you know how to spread products evenly around your face (don't worry this just takes practice!!! I used to be a BIG waster of products but I learned over time how to follow the golden rule now and I'm good to go!!!)


I've been using these three products over the past two months, around mid-Jan to mid-March, and it's made my skin feel firmer and healthier and it's noticeably evened out my skin tone .

I have a lot of confidence in Shiseido products because it's definitely a good skincare product investment and the best part is that their products are perfect for people who have sensitive skins.

Pros: Softer and healthier looking skin!!!!! I'm also convinced that I'm maintaining the elasticity in my skin which prevents signs of aging. The product will probably last me for the rest of the year if I continue to use it sparingly. I don't use it every single day because I like to change up my cleansers every now and then (Our skin gets immune to skin cleansers quite easily so it's always a good idea to switch between your favorite cleansers to make sure your skin doesn't get 'too used' to the one cleanser) and I even use it to treat myself or to bring up my mood when I don't really have such a good day.

Cons: You have to be super careful when you pour the Day Emulsion onto your palm because it's like pouring liquid out of a container. You can't really control how much you pour out and you only need a tiny tiny tiny amount to cover your face. So yeah... I get stressed when I get to step 3  ヽ(゜ロ゜;)ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment