Friday 30 March 2012

Diary Post 30-03-2012 Let's learn Korean!


Hello hello!!!! Later today I'll be posting two product reviews on the L'Oréal Paris Dermo-Expertise Youth Code Rejuvenating Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream and L'Oréal Paris Dermo-Expertise UV Perfect SPF 40 so I'm really excited about that  ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆!!!!

Lately I've been recovering from sickness so I've been stuck at home trying to make my days busy. All this free time has been kind of good because I started learning Korean about a day ago and so far it's been really fun!!! I know all of the consonants and some of the vowels. I just need to practice my double consonants and learn those tricky vowels which 'Professor Oh' calls diphthongs.

Learn the Korean alphabet with professor oh
Here's one of my worksheets :)

So I mentioned a 'Professor Oh' just then. Let me tell you right now she is soooo good at teaching an English-native speaker how to learn the Korean alphabet for the first time. I tried learning the alphabet through other 'Teach yourself Korean' sites and it is no fun at all trying to learn from black text on a screen. Professor Oh has her own youtube channel and videos that teach the Korean alphabet. 




She's even provided worksheets for her lessons which you can see I've printed out and practiced on. But I don't think 10 times is really enough so I practice writing each letter more than 100 times on another scrap piece of paper a day :) (Learning a language is all about continuous practice and memorization)

I highly recommend her if you're interested in learning the Korean alphabet so check her out ;)

NekoZan xx

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post Neko. This video was a great help because I'm actually taking a trip to Korea. So one of the first thing's I thought I should do is learn Korean, that's when I went online to do some research and came across your blog. You have been a huge help, I know I won't get fluent in it but I'm just hoping to learn the basics so I'm not completely lost. I'll be sure to check out more videos and articles. As you said though, practice makes perfect and repetition is key, thanks again for the read.

    ReplyDelete