Friday 30 March 2012

Review post: L'Oreal Paris Dermo Expertise UV Perfect Lotion SPF 30+


The L'Oreal Paris Dermo Expertise UV Perfect Lotion SPF 30+ (30ml) comes in a formula for oily to combination skin and one that is a tinted moisturizer. I bought the one for oily to combination skin because I just want a daily lotion to protect my skin from harmful UV rays during the day. I can't really remember the price but I bought a new one recently and I think it was around $15?

lotion spf 30+


On the box and the container it says that it is an advanced UVA+UVB protector (uses a formula consisting of Mexoryl SX+ SL and Activa-Cell) that protects the skin from harmful UV rays, premature skin ageing and brown spots (YAAAAAY!!!!!! No brown spots!!!).

On the back of the box it explains that UVA rays 'burn and damage the upper layers of the skin' while UVA rays 'penetrate deep into the skin which accelerates ageing by breaking down elastin and collagen fibres that lead to the appearance of brown spots.


Lotion spf 30+

The product comes out of a 'squeeze' bottle with a small nozzle attached at the end. This is a great design for ease of getting the product out. The product itself stays true to the description on the box which describes it as being a light fluid texture that leaves the skin non greasy and non sticky. 

I have combination skin which means some areas on my face are oily and some are not. I found that this lotion is great for my skin and I love how easily it absorbs as I apply it. You only have to use a very small amount to cover the whole face and a bit more when applying it to my neck. I've been using a bottle since December to now every single day so it's really great that it has lasted me this long before having to buy another one.

Pros: light and fluid texture that leaves my skin mattified. It's non greasy and I feel protected against the sun when I'm outside (especially against brown spots!!!! I feel so confident when I use this!!). I used this lotion when I was in the Philippines every day and it felt great. The box says it's perfect as a base under make-up which I agree with and I've used this under my makeup quite a few times. I like the squeeze bottle for a face lotion because it's more hygienic than day creams where you have to stick your hand in the product multiple times.

Cons: okay so I had a slight hiccup with this lotion!!! While I was in the Philippines I would use this every morning before going out. I'm not sure if it was because of the humidity of that country or if it was the constant traveling around where the bottle was being squeezed in my bag but when I opened the lid one morning, the product decided to keep flowing out of the bottle!!!! I think I wasted a lot of the lotion that time because it was literally pouring out by itself!!!!! I turned the bottle upside down so that the nozzle was facing up and made the lotion go back in. I thought it wouldn't happen again the next day but it DID!!!!!!!!!! So I had to make it a point to shake the bottle upside down and make the product move to the other side of the container before I took off the lid. But this hasn't happened at all when I returned home. Sooooooo....... I don't know.... maybe it was the climate there....

No comments:

Post a Comment