Sunday 1 April 2012

Review post: All about Korean products!!!

TONYMOLYI like to collect makeup and skincare products from Korea because Koreans are really into taking care of their skin as well as using really pretty makeup. This means they have a lot of really good brands that offer a range of products that I haven't seen in the West yet. And because there are just soooooo many skincare and makeup brands in Korea, this means that most of their products are quite affordable (of course there are really expensive/premium  brands but i haven't seen them being sold in Australia anyway). Some of the brands that I really like are Etude House and TonyMoly.
Luckily our local Morning Glory stores (Australia) have recently been providing more and more of these skincare and makeup products!! So, I wanted to dedicate this post to some of the Korean products that I bought from my local Morning Glory. 

Another thing is, I've been so lucky that my friend from Korea brought back a few makeup products that you can't buy here yet. So if you're into Korean skincare and makeup products, look forward to my future review posts on the rest of the makeup that I have. 


The review lineup today is: 

  1. TONYMOLY Floria Youth Energy Sleeping Pack 80 ml
  2. TONYMOLY Expert Radiance Primer 30 ml
  3. ECLIPSE Long Lasting Quick Dry Nailwear Enamel 15 ml 
  4. Cannes Mask Pack Green Tea

I apologize in advance because I don't remember the prices of most of these products. I bought them quite a while ago but I'll be taking note of the prices in the future!!! If I see these products in my local Morning Glory store I'll find out how much they cost (シ_ _)シ


TonyMoly Floria Youth Energy Sleeping Pack

Sleeping packs seem to not be very common in Australia... but it seems like a norm in Korea~ The TonyMoly Youth Energy Sleeping Pack is part of the Floria range and it's like a face mask that you wear overnight to prolong the signs of aging as well as keep your skin soft and 'glowing' when you wake up in the morning. It has a 'cheesey' texture (lol that's what it said on the box) that makes a thin 'mask' on your face when you spread it out - hence why I said it's like a face mask. 


Pros: I feel like I'm treating my skin overnight. It smells REALLY nice like a feint floral perfume. I don't use it every night so the product is going to last me maybe a year. It doesn't clog my pores and I haven't had any bad reaction to it. Finally, I think it does 'brighten' my skin and keep it radiant when I wake up. 


Cons: Okay I think it is a bit pricey. From what I remember I think it was in the $24-$30  range but I got like a half price discount because I bought it at Morning Glory.

If you aren't familiar with TonyMoly I highly recommend you check them out if you're into skincare products! I say, no harm in trying something new (except if you have sensitive skin!!)


The TonyMoly Expert Radiance Primer is a primer that is meant be put on after you moisturize your face. I actually use this as a highlighter to brighten certain areas on my face. But if you use this as a normal primer it's 'pink hologram pearly glitter brightens the face and leaves the complexion radiant, as if a light were radiating from inside the skin.' (haha straight from the box!). 
  
Pros: It's really good as a highlighter and it gives a nice glow to my face. It has a sophisticated scent. I can't explain it but it smells really nice. I love how it's in a pump bottle because it's hygienic and it's easy to get the product out. This would be great to use for night time or clubbing makeup. It's suitable for oily skin and has bergamot leaf extract, lotus solution and rosemary leaf extract which is all good for the skin :)

Cons: A bit pricey!! Again I think it was in the range of $25-$30 but Morning Glory had 40-50% discounts back then.  



Anyway as you can see in the swatch, the primer has a shiny and soft glittery appearance on the skin. So it's up to you how you want to use this but I prefer using it as a highlighter like how bubzbeauty highlights her face.

ECLIPSE Long Lasting Quick Dry Nailwear Enamel

Next is the ECLIPSE Long Lasting Quick Dry Nailwear Enamel and I have a nice orange/pink color (no. 254) and a silver glittery color (no. 100). I applied both on my nails to create a soft, glittery effect. It doesn't really look that way in the photo but in real life my nails have this 'natural shine' and I like how the light reflects off the glitter. 


Pros: Super cheap!!!! I paid only $3 each at Morning Glory which is a LOOOOOOOT cheaper than the usual drugstore nail polishes. I had no trouble with the application and the product glides on really smoothly. It does dry pretty quick which is great! I've been wearing it for 4 days now and it hasn't started to chip yet so I'm pretty happy with that. 


Cons: I don't have any :)

 Cannes Mask Pack Green Tea

Last but not least, I decided to try this range of face masks that Morning Glory was selling (because they stopped selling their TonyMoly face mask range TT). 

The Cannes Mask Pack range is made by Hansol Cosmetics. I tried googling this brand and the company but I couldn't find anything on them.... either could my friend from Korea... sooooo... she thought it was REALLY dodgey XD

Anyway I was up for it because I was craving for a face mask after using many TonyMoly and My Beauty Diary face masks (These brands are super super super good!! They are both extremely popular in Asia. The My Beauty Diary range is from Taiwan.)

I chose 'green tea' because I never tried it with the TonyMoly brand and I was really curious how this would smell. The only other flavors I can remember were 'potato' and 'aloe vera' but there were a lot more.

I was walking past my grandma with my face mask on and she goes "What's THAT on your face???" 

Pros: To be honest.... compared to the other face masks... I wouldn't buy this again. At least it was cheap. I only paid around $1.50.

Cons: It has this 'alcohol' smell and feeling to it (it dries up relatively fast when I'm used to face masks that have a lot of product on it and it doesn't really dry up). I don't really like the shape either. It was a bit too wide for my face shape so it missed a bit of the eye and nose area. 

If you want to try out face masks (they really hydrate and nourish your face so might as well give it a go!), then don't try this brand... hopefully you can get your hands on TonyMoly or My Beauty Diary - I think they're available in the city in some Asian stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment