Friday 30 March 2012

Review post: L'Oréal Paris Dermo-Expertise Youth Code Rejuvenating Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream

This review is on one of my favorite products to date. It's one of those products that works so well for me that it will be my eye cream for life (ノ*゜▽゜*). The L'Oréal Paris Dermo-Expertise Youth Code Rejuvenating Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream is part of L'Oreal's youth rejuvenating skincare line for women aged 30+. Despite the age target indicated on the box, I've always been told that it's more productive to prevent wrinkles from forming rather than to control them. That's why it's good to start using skincare products as early as 20.


Loreal eye cream



The other products in this line includes a day cream, day lotion and night cream. I've tried the day cream (without the SPF) last year and it was alright. I would love to try the night cream at some point.


L'Oreal Youth Code  dermo-expertise



You get 15ml of eye cream in the bottle and it has a mousse-like creamy texture. You'll know it's a thick product once you touch it. Again we must follow the golden rule (a little goes a long way). I literally pat the mousse lightly to get the product on my ring finger and it's enough to cover one eyelid. I repeat this step for the under-eye area. 



Loreal eye cream
The color looks a bit orange here but in real life it's more of a light peach color

From what I remember reading on the box, it says that the product is slightly tinted to help reduce the appearance of dark circles. I've been using this product since the start of January, 2012 and I believe my dark circles have been reduced with this cream. 


Pros: The product will last me for at least 6 months or more. I believe it has reduced my dark circles with persistent use every day and will help to prolong the appearance of wrinkles in the long run. It's light on the eye area and doesn't feel oily or greasy. It's not scented which is a giant plus for a product that you'd be putting on such a delicate area of your face. I like the idea of L'Oreal's "Pro-Gen TM Technology" which renews tired skin and recovers its youthfulness.

Cons: Maybe the only downside is the price. I think it's $20+ but I'll double check how much I paid at my local Priceline store. The price is a bit steep for me but the product will last me for such a long time that I wouldn't need to repurchase for a while anyway. I figure that a good quality eye cream is worth it because after all, our skin is priceless. 

2 comments:

  1. I've just recently bought the night cream and I've found that it has a greasy texture when applied to the skin. That doesn't really help me because I have oily skin. The smell is fine but I definitely think that you have to be careful with how much of the cream you apply, otherwise you'll be left with greasy skin. I've read some bad reviews about it making dark circles more prominent but i hope that doesn't happen with me as I'm trying to treat my dark circles and uneven skin tone Haha. Would perhaps suggest a different eye cream?

    ReplyDelete